- Marcy Warton: "He's addicted to heroin."
- Grant MacLaren: "He's what?"
- Marcy Warton: "He inherited it from his host."
- Grant MacLaren: "Why would the Director put you in the body of a heroin addict?"
- Philip Pearson: "The historical record said that he died after the first time that he used."
- Trever Holden: "His parents were probably in denial."
- — The team discussing Philip Pearson's recklessness.[src]
Philip Pearson (Traveler 3326), played by starring cast member historian of the show's core Traveler team. His host body is a heroin-addicted college student, though The Director and those in the future were unaware of his addiction due to his parent's statement that he had died after his first use, most likely because they were in denial., is the
Philip was to have died from a heroin overdose from a bad batch. The consciousness transfer occurred just before he injected himself and he didn't inject. He failed to help his host's friend who had shot up just before the transfer and died of an overdose, which Philip was arrested for.
3326 Future History
Little is known about his past life in the future, mainly due to protocol 2. He did mention that he has a clear memory of Shelter 41 collapsing when he was a child and he can describe it in some detail.
He was also chosen to be a historian when he was an infant due to his specialty which could be specifically trained so that he could serve in the traveler program. He said that sometimes this made him feel like an experiment while other times he felt like a superhuman. He said that he'd been under the Director's care for his entire life.
Philip Pearson was an unemployed heroin addict who was mostly friendless. He had one friend who he assumidly shot up heroin with on a regular basis and who died of a drug overdose. He has no known family.
His historical records indicate that he'd never used drugs before the overdose which was meant to happen. Presumably, his friend had a recorded history with heroin or else they would've been a host candidate.
It is often shown that he cares about people dying even though he shouldn't (Protocol 3). To Be Added.
- Despite being labeled as the team's Historian, Philip has also been introduced as their main "computer guy".
- Shortly after arriving in the 21st, Philip purchased a turtle after a talk about loneliness with his acquaintance Ray. He later named her Poppy, and seems to care deeply for her.